I've already send some code to the EMF-newsgroup and today I've added some more bits showing how to bind a Detail-List.
I'm going to add some more interesting stuff (e.g. field-dependencies, validation, ...) when I have time and will restart working on my article on EMF+Databinding+RCP+iBatis.
If you want to take a look at source code you can grab it from here.
There are some issues you need to be aware of when it comes to
e.g. Master-Detail + Field-Dependencies.
This is where UFace comes into play which handles this kind of thing for you (and even more).
Because I'm talking about UFace. We are making progress since the last blog entry the following things have happend:
- refactored Factory-API to get extensible and not cluttered with overloaded methods
- started to think how UForm can be used by native implementators (UForm is an abstraction level above Databinding and your Model-Implementation-Technology)
- we added a new committer just today (Angelo Zerr) who develops some cool XML-UI things (See Akrogen) and is enhancing our Swing-Binding and SWT-Bindings. Welcome Angelo.
- Set up a Committer and Contributor policy. I hate this legal stuff and we want to keep it at minimum but this has to be the foundation of every project
- Received a code donation (SWT GridLayout for Swing) from Daniel Spiewak (See Daniels Code contribution)